The day of your appointment:How should I prepare my space for our Telehealth appointment?
- Identify a suitable room that is quiet, private, and free of distractions.
- To keep background noise to a minimum, make sure to close any doors, shut windows, turn off the television, and keep loud pets in another room if possible.
- Consider hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door to avoid interruptions.
Do I need to use a specific internet browser?
If you are using a Desktop or Laptop we recommend:
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
If you are using a Tablet or Mobile Phone we recommend:
Android - Google Chrome iOS (iPhone or iPad) - Safari
How to join a session:
Click the unique link embedded in the reminder that you receive via email or text. (Note: You may have to copy and paste the link into your web browser.)
Make sure to allow Audio and Video access.
Enter in your name. When the provider is ready for your session, a BLUE
tab will appear and click on this to enter the session. What can I do to do improve the quality of the connection?
If you live in an area with slow internet, this can really affect the speed of your connection. Here are some basic steps that can improve the overall quality:
-Use wired Ethernet instead of WiFi, whenever possible. WiFi will work, but you may experience a lag and interference, which can make your video and audio choppy.
If you experience a lag or interference while using WiFi, we recommend moving closer to your router.
However, wired internet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
Test your internet connection speed:
- Google provides an easy way to test your internet connection directly from the Google Homepage. Simply search: internet speed test.
- Click the blue button that says Run Speed Test. If it is under 10mbps and you’re using wifi, try using a wired internet connection or restarting your router.
- Close other programs. If you have several programs running in the background, closing them will almost certainly improve the quality. Also, make sure you’re not downloading any large files at the same time.
If you are unable to connect, please contact us as soon as possible in order for us to help you troubleshoot.